EDUCATION.....A NEW VISION
The Decatur Public Schools
Physical Education Teachers believe physical education should:
- Make each student a productive citizen.
- Be an inclusive activity, involving
children of all abilities with equipment adapted to the needs of each child.
- Provide a variety of physical
activities and experiences in a safe environment.
- Provide a positive experience to
motivate life-long recreational enjoyment.
- Provide an environment that treats
students with dignity and respect.
- Provides a variety of assessments based
on studentsí ability.
- Motivate students to participate in a
positive social manner.
In addition, we believe:
- Students should receive daily
instruction in physical education by a licensed teacher.
- Physical education teachers should
constantly strive to remain current in the theory and practices of physical